Foster Parents may have certain rights in the relationship, custody and visitation of a foster child. They may not have the same rights that a parent has, or a relative. But they do indeed have rights. Many times I’m confronted with foster parents who have been told by a county social worker that they do not have rights, and that is simply not true.

Generally, the foster parent may be losing the foster child, because the social worker has decided to move the child to another foster home. This may be able to be stopped.

Or, the foster parent may be losing the child, because the social worker has decided to move the child to a blood relative. This may be able to be stopped.

Or, the foster parent may be losing the child, because the social worker has decided to return the child to a parent.


The key things that the foster parent must file are:

  1. De Facto Motion
  2. 388 petition
  3. 827 petition
  4. Petitions for legal guardianship, both temporary and permanent.

But it should be noted that the filing of these documents is about 40 percent of the work; and not even the most important part. The most important part for this to be successful is the representation you receive at the hearings or mini trials for these proceedings.

Sometimes concurrently with this, the State of California initiates administrative court proceedings to discipline a foster parent, or to revoke the foster parents’ license or certification. These proceedings are not in the Juvenile Court, but in the Office of Administrative Hearings, located around the state.

These hearings are special administrative hearings, and are usually prosecuted by the State Attorney General’s Office, and/or the State Community Licensing Department’s Legal Department. I recommend that you not try to represent yourself; there are special rules of procedure and evidence which can apply to these proceedings.

Please call me for a free consultation regarding your foster care situation. 888-506-6810.

When you talk to me, Vincent W. Davis, you can be sure of one thing, that I am listening. Child Protective Services (CPS or DCFS) and your accusers have their story, and it is our job to make sure that your story is heard and we keep your family together. If your kids or grand-kids have already been taken, we will find the best and fastest way to reunite your family.

Call me personally - 888-888-6582 - I am waiting to hear your story now, to defend you and keep your family together or reunite you and your precious loved ones.

We Are Your Juvenile Dependency Lawyers and we are proud to serve    Los Angeles,   Orange,   Riverside,   San Bernardino , Ventura, and  San Diego Counties.


Juvenile Dependency Attorney Locations

Arcadia Office
150 N. Santa Anita Ave,
Suite 200
Arcadia, CA 91006
Phone: (888) 888-6582
Fax: (626)-446-6454

Beverly Hills Office
9465 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Phone: (888) 888-6582

La Mirada Office
Cerritos Towne Center
17777 Center Court Drive ,
Suite 600
Cerritos, California, 90703
Phone: (888) 888-6582

Los Angeles Office
Gas Company Tower
555 West Fifth Street,
31st Floor
Los Angeles, California, 90013
Phone: (888) 888-6582

Long Beach Office
Landmark Square
111 West Ocean Blvd.,
Suite 400
Long beach, California, 90802
Phone: (888) 888-6582

Irvine Office
Oracle Tower
17901 Von Karman Avenue,
Suite 600
Irvine, California, 92614
Phone: (888) 888-6582
Fax: (949)-203-3972

Ontario Office
Lakeshore Center
3281 E. Guasti Road,
7th Floor
City of Ontario, California, 91761
Phone:(888) 888-6582

Riverside Office
Turner Riverwalk
11801 Pierce Street,
Suite 200
Riverside, California, 92505
Phone: (888) 888-6582

San Diego
Emerald Plaza
402 West Broadway,
Suite #400
San Diego, California, 92101
Phone: (888) 888-6582

Aliso Viejo
Ladera Corporate Terrace
999 Corporate Drive,
Suite 100
Ladera Ranch, California, 92694
Phone: (888) 888-6582

Comments are closed.

Juvenile   Dependency   ResourcesIf you or a family member are facing off with Child Protective Services, Vincent W. Davis is here to help!

View More Resources

Contact   Us — Juvenile   Dependency   Lawyers   —   Vincent   W.   Davis   &   Associates

Please fill out all fields and an DCFS CPS attorney will contact you.