Drug Defense Attorney in Southern California
An arrest for Drug Possession or Drug Trafficking can change your life. A drug conviction can result in incarceration, huge fines, or long periods of probation. Moreover, you could also be faced with a job loss, challenges in finding new work, or even immigration consequences if you are not a citizen. When the stakes are high like this, you need to select an experienced Southern California criminal defense lawyer who will level the playing field on your behalf.
Different Types of Drug Charges
Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney Vincent W. Davis is prepared to handle a wide range of cases in the either the state or the federal courts here in California.
Mr. Davis routinely defends clients against charges including those involving the following:
- Drug Possession
- Drug Trafficking
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Drug Possession with intent to sell or deliver
- Manufacture or cultivation of controlled substances
Drug charges against you can be dismissed or reduced if:
- The officer did not have a valid reason to stop you.
- The officer did not have a valid reason to search you, your home, or your vehicle.
- Your consent to the search was not free and voluntary or the officer exceeded the scope of your consent.
- You agree to only talk to the police officer in the presence of your attorney.
- The officer cannot prove that you were in possession of the drugs.
- If charges are not dismissed, but resulted from chemical dependency, your case may be referred to rehabilitation.
- Drug court focuses on treatment rather than punishment. (not available on Trafficking cases or Federal cases)
Questions your attorney will ask:
- Did someone else own the vehicle you were in?
- Did someone else own the place you were in?
- Were there other passengers in your vehicle?
- Were there other people with you in the place where the drugs were found?
- In what part of the vehicle or place were the drugs found?
- How near to the drugs were you?
- Can the police prove that you were in control of the place where the drugs were found?